I am co-Founder and co-Chair of the Early Years Academy
The Early Years Academy has formed as an Organisation to bring the Early Years and Childhood profession to be at the forefront of reflecting on an individuals practice which encompasses offering an online platform and community for Continual Professional Development.
Professional Recognition from an award of a recognised fellowship from The Early Years Academy which will be offered by reflecting on the professionals practice and meeting the standards outlined within each level of fellowship. This will be identified and differentiated through your own practice within the Early Childhood Workforce globally and locally for children 0-7 years of age.
I am a member of the Executive Board of the ECSDN
The Early Childhood Studies Degree Network was formed back in 1993/1994 and in it's current format exists as a membership body for Institutions who provide the Early Childhood Degree.
The ECSDN acts as a Forum for response to policy consultations and news, information and research and has direct links to key influential Early Childhood organisations and pressure groups.
I am a Principal Lecturer in Early Childhood at Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Institute of Education at Nottingham Trent University is one of the foremost providers of education and training for teachers and other learning and development professionals. Our courses and research span all phases of learning and development, from the early years through to adult education.
They have extensive partnership links with over 600 early-years settings, primary schools, secondary schools, colleges and academies across the East Midlands. Their latest Ofsted inspection praised these partnerships, recognising the strength of the links with local schools and the range of specialist placements for trainee teachers, giving them access to high-quality training.
I am proud of my association with BAMNS
BAMNS is a collection of 15 Maintained Nursery Schools across Birmingham working collaboratively to achieve the following aims:
- To work collaboratively with other nursery schools to ensure the sustainability of high quality early education across Birmingham and beyond.
- To raise the profile of the unique nature of maintained nursery schools at both a local and national level.
- To understand and respond to the unique needs of the children and families in each nursery school community.
- To provide strategic support and challenge to leadership at all levels within a collaboration where every individual’s views are respected and values in a climate of mutual trust and shared commitment.
- To build capacity through the effective and innovative management of resources and income generation across the collaboration in order to remain financially sustainable.
- To work collaboratively and with other professionals, parents and carers to provide high quality, inclusive education for children with special rights, needs and entitlements.
- To quality assure policies and practices in place to that collaboration members maintain the highest levels of safeguarding.
I am part of the Advisory Board for EY Matters
EY Matters was formed as an organisation for all Early Years Professionals to connect, communicate and collaborate with a view to create. I am proud that I have been able to form how the organisation is evolving and have a close friendship with the founder and director, Juls Davies; we work together on a number of initiatives including the forming the Early Years Academy where we are Joint Chairs.
I regularly support the weekly #EYMatters #earlyyears #TwitterChats, hosting them on a couple of occasions. In addition to this I have been heavily involved with the initiatives responding to COVID-19 and was also one of the first to record a presentation for the new Continual Online Conference. I will be taking up a new role shortly as Editor of the quarterly EY Matters magazine
- Representation in the Early Years - Using the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion lens.
- The voice of the child - How do we advocate for the child who is represented within an LGBTQ Family?
- Unique Child - Linking to practices within the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- LGBTQIA - What does it mean in the EYFS
- Nurturing the Early Years Child - Developing your EYFS environment
- Early Childhood Pioneers - Linking theory to Practice
- Early Years Foundation Stage - Linking to Statutory Guidance and Non Statutory Guidance
I am available for whole school/early years setting training. I am also available for full days, half days and hour long sessions.
Please contact me for further details.
I am available for
- Chairing of Early Years Conferences
- Policy Writing and Reviewing of Policies
- Coaching and Mentoring - Management and leadership support
- Recordings and Podcasts
- International Conferences and Consultancy
- Consultancy - Contact me for further details